Sunday, February 15, 2009

We did it!!

Well it is official. Carmel High School Girls swimming now holds the national record for most consecutive state championship titles in the nation!! What an amazing sport to be part of. Not only did they win but they won with amazing new national, state and high school records, I believe they won by one of the biggest margins to date! Way to go girls...I am so proud to have been able to be a part of this dynasty and Iam sure this streak is still just beginning!!


On the other hand, the article published in the Star was great, even though some comments that were left from it were negative, I believe someone even mentioned the sport of swimming as this "its just swimming." Ohhhh only if it were "just swimming." This is what gets me about this sport, people do not realize the time and dedication it takes to be competitive at a national level in this sport. It requires alarm clocks being set at 4:30am almost every day of the week in order to make it to the pool by 5am to start stretching and getting ready for your morning workout. It then requires a full day of school until the bell rings for you to head back to the pool to do it all over again. There are many months that go by that we would wake up in the dark and head back home in the dark. Weekends were never thoroughly enjoyed like the rest of Carmel High Schools student body. Practices for three hours were a must on Saturday and a lot of times weekends were occupied by three days of competitive swimming with prelims and finals. Swimming at a national level is one of the most difficult sports out there...people just dont realize it and people think anyone can do it...this is so far from the truth and I hope someday swimming is recognized as one of the toughest and most demanding sports out there. Oh and along with pool time, countless hours were spent in the weight room or running for miles on end...I do miss what swimming did for my body!!! Good Job Greyhounds!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!