

My new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She/He is starting to look more and more human. His/Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: My baby's heart finished dividing into four chambers, and the valves started to form — as do his/her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. My baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. His/Her eyes are fully formed, but his/her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She/He has tiny earlobes, and his/her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that my baby's basic physiology is in place, she/he is poised for rapid weight gain.
I am still feeling pretty good considering what my body is going through. I get really hungry and feel like I could eat the world, but then get really grossed out when I see food or smell it. I had to take my engagement ring off yesterday because it is way too tight so I am just wearing my wedding band (it is a little bigger than the engagement ring). This kinda makes me sad, but I couldnt take the discomfort any more and I know it will only get worse. I am still not showing any sort of bump, but can tell a difference when I sleep on my stomach. I am excited that he/she is no longer an embryo...I have a fetus growing in my belly now!
How far along? 9 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Not sure, I wouldnt be surprised if I have lost weight.
Maternity clothes? Pants
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Wonderful at this point.
Best moment this week: Easter weekend!
Movement: Not for awhile
Food cravings: I love pizza
Gender: Dont know
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Eating without feeling sick!
What I am looking forward to: Seeing a bump for the first time
Weekly Wisdom: If you are expecting your first...you wont show where it is noticeable until you are well into 2nd trimester!
Milestones: Everyday is a milestone at this point...each day means less chance of a miscarriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love Comments!