Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another Story

www.kayleighannefreeman.blogspot.com

Here is another link to a family that needs a lot of prayers. You can read their story, but I will give you a quick background anyways.

Kayleigh was a micro preemie, meaning she was born astonishingly small, weighing only 1 pound. She is almost 10 months old now and has been in the hospital ever since she was born, undergoing surgery after surgery in hopes of helping her body heal. Well, last week she was to go through yet another surgery involving her heart. This surgery looked as though it might be her last and she would be on her way home. After the surgery she seemed to have done really well and the surgery was marked as a success. Hours after the risky surgery she was still sedated due to all the drugs going through her body. The doctors finally decided to wake her up and this is when the tragic news become apparent, she would not wake. Kayleigh still has yet to wake up and the EEG records that part of her brain is no longer working, meaning she is brain dead. Her parents are going to be faced with a lot of tough decisions within the next couple of days and I ask that you pray...pray for strength, pray for Kayleigh, pray for a miracle. This family is devastated because Kayleigh was making such great progress and in a blink of an eye their world was turned upside down.

Although I am saddened whenever I come across a family that is going through difficult situations like this one, I always learn a great deal from them. I have learned to not take a child's health for granted and be blessed that I get to hold my son and watch him grow and develop every day. Nothing in life is guaranteed and I try to live my life everyday to the fullest and I ask you do the same too. Like Kayleigh, your world can be torn upside down within seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!