

Strong heartbeat of 167

Just for fun, a picture of my beautiful 6cm cyst on left ovary!

Side view of baby

Front view of baby

Today was a very bittersweet day, we saw our baby again and had our final appointment with Dr. Genaris. Although it was great to see him, it was really sad/hard to say goodbye to him. He truly is a one of a kind OB and I am really sad to see him go. I thought I would be okay and would not get emotional...I was wrong. As we finished up our conversation and he wished me luck and to keep in touch and I wished him luck as well, I definitely shed a tear. It is so hard to say bye to someone who was part of one of the biggest and most amazing times in our lives. He took care of me and brought our beautiful little boy into the world, how do you thank someone for that and say goodbye all at the same time?
Our appointment went really well. I am back to my old due date, November 13th. The baby is right on schedule and measuring 11 weeks 4 days. During the scan, he/she was moving like crazy and I could see him/her kicking all over the place. He/she had a healthy heartbeat of 167 and is super active already. It is the most amazing thing to watch...I am just laying there watching my new little one bounce around in my uterus...it just blows my mind! I honestly believe I feel flutters every once in awhile. I told Genaris this and he said that since it is my second, it is very possible you could be feeling the baby already, especially with how active he/she is. I am so thankful that my labs were all great and relieved to hear a strong heartbeat. My next appointment is May 19th with the new OB, I am looking forward to getting to know Knutson and Genaris said I made a great choice in choosing a new OB. Since I am back to being ahead of my previous due date I am going to post what is going on during week 11.
My baby-
Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her/his hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her/his gums, and some of her/his bones are beginning to harden.
She/He is already busy kicking and stretching, and her/his tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her/his body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her/his diaphragm is forming. With your second, you may notice a flutter or two.
Update on the cyst. My doctor said that it is bigger than most pregnancy induced cysts (its called a corpus litium...or something) and it almost looked like it had ruptured. He took that back once he noticed a definite outline. He said that if I were to continue to see him he would be checking it monthly via ultrasound to make sure it is not growing. He said Knutson will probably do the same. It did not grow anymore so lets just pray that it starts to shrink. Doctors are highly against any type of surgery during pregnancy so lets just hope it goes away on its own and does not cause me any more pain as the baby grows!
How far along? 11 weeks, 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: down 5 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Just pants
Stretch marks? no
Sleep: Still awesome, I am ready for bed by 9!
Best moment this week: Seeing our baby on the monitor again, strong heartbeat and moving like crazy!
Movement: Flutters every once in awhile
Food cravings: Back to not wanting anything...
Gender: Thinking boy
Labor Signs: No way
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Eating normal
What I am looking forward to: Finding out what we are having.
Weekly Wisdom: Hmm, I am just enjoying not being huge and still sleeping on my stomach, even though there is a fig in there!
Glad to hear things went well - I think you are having a girl!!!! Both of our first US were super strong heart beats like that :) Miss you guys!!!
ReplyDelete