Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

Egg hunt at grandma and grandpa Ransoms house

Finding my basket full of goodies!

Gavin did a great job finding the eggs this time around.

Exploring the Easter basket we got him at home

Gavin at the church egg hunt

We definitely had a fun filled weekend that went by way too fast. Saturday I had the baby shower I had mentioned in a previous post. It was really beautiful and it was nice to see familiar faces that I have not seen in awhile. I had to leave a little early so Scott dropped Gavin off to stay with my mother in law and we were off to a pig auction for our nephew. The auction was successful, we ended up getting two really great looking pigs and had fun during the whole process. After the auction we headed to Scotts mom and dads to pick up Gavin and then dropped Hunter off. We eventually were on on our way home after a long day.

Sunday was an early morning and Gavin did not like that one bit. We had to be at church by 8am and even with one toddler you have to set aside a lot of time to get them ready, I cant imagine how it will be with two. We were off to church, thank goodness it is right down the road, and enjoyed seeing people we have not seen in awhile once again. After church we headed downstairs for Easter breakfast with eggs and sausage...it is always a good time. There was an Easter egg hunt that I took Gavin outside for even though he had no idea what was going on. He did pick up a few eggs, but soon after would set them on the ground and walk away...I managed to get a few photos even though Gavin was not excited about being outside (it was pretty chilly still).


After church we headed home and relaxed a little bit. I took a huge nap (very unlike me) because I knew I would have a hard time getting through the rest of the day. Scott woke me up and we were off to drop off the pigs for Hunter and get their pens all set up. Once that was over we headed to Scotts mom and dads for Easter dinner and another egg hunt. We had delicious peppercorn ham with lots of delicious sides. I despise this stage of pregnancy because I am so hungry and want to eat a lot, but when it comes down to actually eating, I have to force myself and try not to think about being nauseous. Anyways, after dinner we headed outside for another Easter egg hunt that had an Easter basket for each kid at the end. All in all it was a very busy and very fun Easter weekend.

After the weekend was complete I found myself going over it in my head and I realized something...I have completely forgotten how to carry on an adult conversation with people I have not seen in awhile. I am blaming this on being a stay at home mom (even though I wouldnt change a thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!