Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kidney Bean




8 WEEKS


New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. You may be daydreaming about your baby as one sex or the other, but the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether you're having a boy or a girl. Either way, your baby — about the size of a kidney bean — is constantly moving and shifting, though you still can't feel it.

As for how I am feeling: I still feel pretty decent compared to a lot of women on a board I visit often for first tri ladies. I love pizza especially cold, if it is warm it makes me nauseous. I am super tired around 6pm and just want to go to bed. If I have a rare Diet Coke in the evening that seems to help get me past 6pm a lot easier. So overall I can not complain about morning sickness. I have not vomited yet and the major symptom I am experiencing is acid reflux especially after meals. I was experiencing this prepregnancy so I know it will only get worse and is not necessarily pregnancy induced at this point. I have not noticed any sort of bump, it is still way too early. Speaking of a bump, this board I visit is driving me up a wall with first time mommies that talk about their "bump" when they are less than 8 weeks along...come on ladies...you do not have a bump at 7 weeks!!!!!!! Anyways, I have another appointment tomorrow at 1. I am hoping everything continues to go well and I am hoping I get more information on this cyst on my left ovary.

We are looking forward to Easter this weekend and purchased Gavin an adorable Easter basket at PBKs and stuffed it full of goodies. It is still kinda hard this year because he has no idea what is going on. I am hoping next year will be the first year he can get excited for holidays like this. I am a little worried because I have absolutely nothing to wear that I am comfortable in. I am hoping Scott will let me go shopping after my appointment tomorrow so I can find something to wear to a baby shower on Saturday and an outfit for Easter. Thank goodness I am a SAHM and do not have to worry about my wardrobe quite yet! I hope this post finds you doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!