So the vet called, she still has not found a specific source of the fungus which is good and bad. She still believes he has blastomycosis and will be removing his damaged left eye to see if she kind find it in it. We are giving Red a week on anti fungal and anti inflammatory meds to try and save that right eye, hopefully its not too late. If that right eye can be saved, we will move forward and finish the treatment for 2 months. If the meds do not work, for Reds sake, we will euthanize him. I am crossing my fingers that we have caught his right eye early enough and that it does not progress to what happened to his left eye. I have to thank Dr. Lisa Morris, I can tell just by conversing with her over the phone today that she has been busting her butt trying to find answers for us. I can tell she truly cares about the animals she treats and that is of great comfort.
For some people, animals truly become part of the family and that is how we feel about Red. We are giving him a chance and we hope he pulls through...the last thing we want to do is put him to sleep and we feel like we will have closure however this turns out.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love Comments!