Friday, September 18, 2009

Hallelujah!!

Thanks to my wonderful mother in law, I am off to see a physical therapist!!! Please cross your fingers that I can get some relief! Thanks to my amazing husband, I do not have to lug Gavin with me!! He is so kindly taking a few hours off of work to come home and watch Gavin!!


I am back from my appointment and figured I would update a little while Gavin naps. So I was right with the "diagnosis" and am indeed experiencing pelvic dysfunction. Two main factors that attribute to my dysfunction; previously delivering a large baby, and becoming pregnant within 18 months of our first. The therapist was AWESOME...she realigned my bones and I felt some relief right away. It is amazing what they can feel and it is even more amazing that they can reposition entire bones with just a few easy exercises. All in all, the left side of my pelvic girdle was pushing forward and in, my right side was going the opposite direction. The sacrum bone was sitting completely diagonal from where it should be, which makes my left and right side not meet evenly...this is where all the pain comes from.

She had me lay certain ways so she could push the bones back into their correct place. She also had me walk before and after her exercises, and I definitely felt a big difference...I stopped waddling when she was done. So now I just have to do my own exercises once or twice a day, and that should help relieve a lot of the pain I am experiencing. Hallelujah!

Oh yea...happy 32 weeks to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!