I know it has only been a week, but I am already sad to see the changes in Georgia come and go so quickly. I definitely think this week has gone way better than I ever expected...I think a lot of it has to do with my recovery this time around, which is pretty much non existent. I left the hospital feeling incredible as if I never delivered a baby just a few days ago. My biggest challenge is my lower back muscles...they are still getting used to the freedom and tend to cramp up on me pretty bad, forcing me to sit.
Scott has been home this week and has been incredible...I am kinda dreading him going back to work but know I will manage things just fine. So far Georgia does not require a lot of work...she is super calm and goes with the flow, like Gavin. Gavin is doing pretty well. He does not have much of an interest in her but will ask where she is if he does not see her in the room with him...I guess its his little way of showing he cares.
Last night was a great night...we put her down at 11pm and she woke at 3am...we fed and diapered her and she fell right back to sleep and slept from 4am until 7am...I fed her again and put her back down...she is now still sleeping in her bassinet and it is going on 10am. We both really think she will continue to be mellow and follow in her brothers footsteps.
Nursing is AWESOME and I have a way better feel for it this time around...I am hoping this is a good sign and would love to stick with it until she is atleast 6 months...we will see!
Here are some little tidbits about miss Georgia...
-she is a cuddly little girl and loves laying on peoples chest with her cheek to skin.
-she does not like to be swaddled
-she is eating about 2-3 ounces a feeding
-she is up 2 ounces from her discharge weight...8lbs 4oz
-she hates getting bathed
-we think she is on the road to becoming a belly sleeper
-we may be biased, but she is a beautiful baby
-she is petite, you would never guess she weighed almost 9lbs at birth.
-she has a lot of hair
No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love Comments!