Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thank a Farmer...

Lately, the Monsanto commercials have been all about farming and the importance of farmers...not sure if you have noticed them...

Its pretty cool to see...

Anyways, Iam very proud to be part of an industry where there are so few people involved yet they play such a major role in our lives, world and economy...I also never thought in a million years that I would be living the life I am living and married to a grain farmer...it makes me proud, for sure. I definitely never realized how important farmers are to our well being until I met Scott...it really is something that is overlooked!

A little blurb I found on Monsanto's website-

America’s farmers grow our economy, care for our land and provide for us every day. They ship nearly $100 billion of crops and products to many nations. They provide more than 24 million jobs in the U.S. They grow more food now than they did just a few decades ago – using nearly half the energy and fewer resources for every bushel produced. As farming grows, so does our quality of life. We’re all connected through agriculture, so take a few moments and thank your farmers for what they’ve provided for you and your loved ones – your food, your fuel, your clothes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!