Thursday, April 15, 2010

This is it...

...the moment that makes every mom realize that their little baby isnt so little anymore...for me...this happens when once difficult tasks become easy...it happened today when I realized I could hold Georgia on my hip ::sniffle, tear:: It just kinda hit me and I didnt even realize I was doing it!

Every mom knows that when you have a newborn there are certain things that SHOULD be easy, but are NOT due to the baby's lack of control and strength...i.e. bottle feeding, playing, HOLDING, etc... When I realized how easy some things have become...the flood gates of past memories opened and all the difficult times we had adjusting to our new little bean suddenly seemed as if they never happened.

I'll give you another example as to how things just suddenly become easy...I went upstairs to get Georgia from her morning nap and instead of walking back down slowly while cautiously holding Georgia's head (the way you have to when they are truly newborns)...I found myself literally running down the steps as Georgia held on to my shirt with her head turned away from me as if watching my every step as I went down the stairs...her little head was bobbing up and down as I hit each step...little things like that just hit you and make you realize 'AHA' my baby is growing, getting stronger and learning so much! I have a video I want to post pretty soon...its of Georgia playing on her mat and suddenly noticing the butterflies on it...the wings are unattached and make crackling noises...she kept trying to put the wings in her mouth, but did not realize the butterfly body was attached...meaning she could not take it with her like she wanted to...she eventually gets mad and just gives up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!