Monday, April 26, 2010

What's new?!

...not a whole lot is the answer to that question!  Georgia and Gavin are doing great...Georgia has started some solids, squash and sweet potato, and seems to be enjoying it...she also seems to be working on a tooth, bottom left...it is pretty swollen and if she lets me push long enough I can feel a little hard tooth under there...other than that...she continues to grow and and is becoming very strong...crawling, sadly, is right around the corner!

Nothing really new with Gavin...he is past the days where something new happens here and there...the only new thing now is his language...it continues to progress...I love being able to hold somewhat of a conversation with him...We also love being able to tell him detailed things to do...and he does it.  I guess his newest thing is putting on his own boots...you tell him to go get them and he will fetch them and puts them on (talk about a time saver!)...it is little things like that that happens new on a daily basis...its great being able to ask him to get things for Georgia or get something for me...he is quite the independent little boy and mommy and daddy love it!  One thing that surprised me with having kids is how long it takes for their language to develop to a point where you can understand one another...for some reason, back in the day, I had this vision that it all happened around 12 months!  Boy was I wrong and am glad to know that this time around with Georgia!  I love listening to him say new words...I dont think a day goes by where he does not have a new word in his vocabulary...it is amazing to witness how fast their language progresses once they hit the two year mark!

Scott has been working hard in the fields, but had a little break with all that rain we got this past weekend...all of his corn is planted and he hopes to be back in the field tomorrow to plant some beans!  This weather sure is different compared to last year...I think last year at this time they were just starting corn!!  Thank you GOD for this amazing weather!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!