Friday, May 28, 2010
Still going strong!
...with potty training! He has had several small accidents...usually it happens when we have been doing something for awhile and he just does not want to take the time to stop and go potty...he will tinkled a little bit and will then get all mad at himself...I will put him on the pot where he will finish what he started. We have been trying to get him to go potty outside...you are probably wondering why but with daddy farming (Gavin goes for rides while the hubs plants) there are no places to take him...obviously...so we have been trying to get him to go the way daddy goes out in the field. Scott has been the main teacher in that department and let me tell you...he just does not want to do something new with potty training unless his mommy is right there...so yesterday, he said he had to go potty and we were outside...I made him try and within 10 seconds he was unleashing on the yard...this is good. Other than that...we are having a hard time getting him to go in public restrooms...he does not like the big potty...mainly because he is still too small to sit on it by himself...so we have been taking his Bjorn potty everywhere we go in case he needs to go potty while we are out and about (we plop it down in the middle sit while we are parked...usually at different stores while running errands)...this has all worked really well! We also put him down for a nap with his big boy undies on yesterday!! I definitely believe he will be wearing a diaper only at night...I just dont feel like he is ready for that huge of a step...yet! Okay, enough about potty training...thanks for stoppin by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have you tried putting him on the big potty backwards so that he faces the wall? I think they feel more secure that way, and they are more capable of getting up there. Or I wonder if one of those little potty seats that sits on the toilet would help. That is awesome that he is doing so well with it!
ReplyDelete