Tuesday, November 30, 2010

All Aboard!

Iam all about finding unique experiences for my children...and will continue to do so as the get older...and the Polar Express was at the top of that list for Gavin this year!

I have read about the "real life" Polar Express experience and realized they had one in our state.  I got on the mailing list last year so that I could be informed as soon as the tickets went on sale...They are a hot item and tickets sell out pretty quick.  The day of the ride arrived this past weekend and we headed south with a few other family members...Gavin could not wait!  I should also add that the Polar Express is one of his favorite movies...no matter what time of the year it is.  

We had an amazing time!  The ride was very well performed and all the children LOVED it.  The ride is based off the book and recent animated movie.  We hopped onboard a historic train where we were greeted with hot chocolate and cookies.  They played scenes from the movie over the speakers and read through parts of the book until we reached the "North Pole."  The conductor punched the childrens tickets and then Santa bursted out of a neat building filled with lights and hopped on board to greet the children with bells...All while the 'hobo' from the movie kept passing through our train car saying silly things...


Tons of families waiting for the Polar Express

Gavin loved seeing this thing roll into the station.

Where is the conductor?!
Waiting on the train

Tickets, please!

My bell!

Hanging out with my cousins

We had such a fun time...We highly recommend this everyone!

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! I'm going to have to look this up and see if we have anything like it in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! I looked into it when you posted about it on Facebook, and I think we will do it next year. :)
    I'm sure the Polar Express movie will be played frequently at our house this season. :)

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!