Gavin was used to the hustle and bustle of harvest...and then boom...things quiet down so quickly you dont have time to figure out what happened...and that can be confusing to an almost 3 year old! And this, my friends, is why we think our son has been so crazy lately. We think he is down right bored, now, and misses the action just as much as my husband! I also should add that our son is border line obsessed with all things farming. He is inlove with tractors and has complete meltdowns if he knows "daddy" is going to do work with a tractor and he cant tag along. It is a vicious cycle we have been battling every day...Our son is the definition of a busy body and we find that he cant stand the boringness that Winter sometimes brings...Iam already counting down the days until Spring! So we must improvise and find things to keep him physically entertained...We are just glad he is the age where he can go with daddy or grandpa for long periods of time and I dont have to worry if he has enough diapers or a snack to keep him busy!
Time to get excited about Christmas! :) I saw a cute blog post by a friend who had her 2 year old little boy glue catalog pictures of toys in a letter to Santa. :)
ReplyDeleteWe have had a couple of cases of post harvest depression at this pig pen. I think it is because harvest was so intense this year and ended so early.
ReplyDelete