Friday, December 3, 2010

Baby Fever...

...can be the pits!  I have been having baby fever like crazy the past couple of weeks...Some days are worse than others...On difficult days...which are few and far between...I wonder what Iam thinking...and then on calm and quiet days...I find myself sometimes consumed with the thought...especially when I read my daily blogs or hop on facebook...I feel like 50% of the people I know are pregnant.

We might have been taking this fever a little more seriously if Georgia wasnt such a sensitive little girl that gave us a difficult 5 months when she first entered this world.  Iam definitely not ready to even think about another one when those memories flood back.  Two children are still pretty easy...and I think we want to take advantage of that for a little while longer.  It does feel good to know that we are past the point when we became pregnant with Georgia and realized they would be 21 months apart...So we know that it can only get better the longer we wait in terms of Georgia's independence down the road.  Iam hoping we will know it and feel it when the time is right.

Here is an example of a day when I realize Iam crazy for wanting a third right now...

We were at Georgia's 12 month appointment...Gavin had to go to the bathroom...so I hauled both kiddos to the bathroom and let Georgia walk around the private bathroom while I helped Gavin go potty (he pees like a big boy and sometimes isnt tall enough for some toilets).  Things were fine until Gavin accidentally peed on my hands while I was trying to hold Georgia back from diving head first into the toilet...I finally gently pushed her away from the toilet so I could have enough time to pull Gavins pants up...so I though, atleast.  All of a sudden...within a blink of an eye...Georgia lunges for the toilet and is elbow high in peed up toilet water...ah!!!  I rushed her to the sink...stripped her shirt off and did a full arm wash...I washed the part of her shirt where the dirty water was and proceeded to try and dry it with the hand dryer...We finally leave the bathroom to discover our names had been called while dealing with our dilemma...So I ended up chasing Gavin because he did not want to leave the play cube...all while Iam holding Georgia in my arms...We eventually make it back with the nurse...and by now...Iam sweating buckets from all the drama!  Those are moments where I just want to leave and go home and push the thought of a third to the farthest part of my mind!

3 comments:

  1. I'm smiling as I read your words! Hang in there. Like you said, you will have a sense when the time is right again. Hope we can catch up a bit next weekend. Are you bringing the kiddos? We should try to meet up with any of the bloggy world for lunch on Saturday or wander the silent auction together. I will try to post on that early next week! Gotta get ready for the Sacred Heart Christmas Bazaar. Hope the snow doesn't keep the people away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I was laughing so hard at the end of your post! I have been having bay fever for like a year now. I'm finally at the point where I believe it's time, and then I second guess my self again. Is this right for us? For my boys? :(
    Have fun at the doctors next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow. Is this what my life is going to be like soon?

    I started to have baby fever when Adam turned 1 1/2. But I knew we wanted to have the babies spaced closer to 3 years. So I hung on awhile, and they will be 32 months apart when Baby Brudder is born in the spring. But I totally understand - there is that point where you think, "Okay, if I accidently got pregnant now, it would be okay."

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!