Ingredients
3-4lb. chicken
10-3/4oz can cream of chicken soup
10-3/4oz can cream of celery soup
16oz package frozen mixed vegetables
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter
Steps
1.) Cover chicken with water in stockpot (I added a quartered onion, 2 quartered carrots and 2 quartered celery stocks for added flavor). And simmer over medium heat until chicken is tender, about 1 and a 1/2 hours.
2.) Remove chicken, reserving broth. Let cool; remove and discard skin and bones. Shred the cooled chicken and reserve 1 cup of broth.
3.) Mix together chicken, soups, 1 cup reserved broth and vegetables. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste..then spread into greased 13"x9" baking pan.
For crust
5.) Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until crust is golden. I had to adjust my temperature towards the end to 375 for an extra 5-10 minutes because my crust was not browning...I know all ovens are different.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love Comments!