Sunday, November 13, 2011

Waiting really sucks

So this pituitary drama is all I can think about lately...and we won't really have any more information until my next appointment with the neurologist on the 21st.  Until then...Iam stuck constantly thinking about it...and worrying about it.  It is hard not to let your mind get carried away with thoughts...I keep having to remind myself that I was given really nothing to worry too much about.  And the research I have done makes me feel a little better as well.  I guess 1 person out of every 5 has some type of pituitary tumor and doesn't even know it...and will go their entire life without it being diagnosed.  I would like to assume that I would have been that person if it wasn't for my weird migraines that caused me to have an MRI...which is how this was stumbled upon...and being completely unrelated.

I think Iam just a little angry...Iam having a hard time enjoying this last little bit of my pregnancy...because Iam just so nervous about everything...I keep thinking that they are going to stumble upon something else that is wrong with me...and I don't like the fact that I may have to have surgery sometime soon.  So what Iam hoping for at my appointment on the 21st is that my doctor tells me that it is a nonfunctioning benign tumor and that I really don't need surgery unless it gets bigger...or that there wasn't anything there at all and my blood work is all normal...meaning nothing goofy is going on with my pituitary gland...OIY.

Here are some FAQs that make me feel okay about it


5 comments:

  1. my bff had one! It made her lactate. That's how she knew something was wrong. But her's just went away, too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I am just a few miles away if you need to get out of the house, vent, or drop the kids off and have some YOU time. When I have something I cannot get my head around, I give it up to God. He is awesome at helping you carry burdens that seem too heavy by yourself.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you. May you have peace, healing and all of God's beautiful blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there momma. It really sucks that you're having to go through this when you should be getting excited about baby coming! I feel your pain, I'm dealing with a hernia and a possible low-lying placenta which could make even a c-section dangerous. It's always something with my kids. . . Hope you can get distracted by something more pleasant until you have some definite answers.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!