Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Getting Close to Complete!

Getting close to the end of our basement project...and we are more in love with it as each day passes!

What is left to do?  Knock out a wall upstairs to open up the whole area and have the basement flow to and from the upstairs (no door), finish the bar which means putting in the sink, finishing bar top and countertop, finish the steps which means ripping off the nasty carpeting and putting either new carpet down or new footboards that will be stained (haven't decided yet), finish trim and seal the walls with one more coat of whatever it is they use...and that is about it.  I know there are a lot of small projects left but those are the big ones.  Hopefully it will all be finished by Gavins birthday get together on Sunday!

When it is officially complete...I will take pictures with my slr...my iPhone doesn't give justice to how cool it is.


Wall that is getting knocked down...or really halved I should say...and door/frame is coming-out.








2 comments:

  1. Love the barn wood - can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I love the barn wood too. How are you liking cloth diapering? I have some one-size Flips washed and ready, but have yet to get to use them b/c Ellie is still so small. I'm thinking of ordering some Swaddlebees newborn size (gotta get that cow print!) - how do you like yours?

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!