Scott and I have officially arrived safe and sound back home. The trip back took a little longer than expected, we hit some heavy snow in Effingham, Illinois that slowed us to a crawl for a little over an hour. The total time spent in the truck was 20 hours. We arrived at Scotts parents at about 4:45am since our house is completely frozen from the cold weather. Gavin was asleep and we were able to cuddle in bed for a little bit with him...he had the biggest smile on his face when he saw us. We really missed a lot and he is doing even more stuff since we left. I can officially say he is a walker. The past 3 months he has been walking here and there, but still crawling mostly. Before we left he was starting to walk a little more and now that we are home he is an official walker...meaning he walks more than crawls and is a lot more stable and confident (hes fast too!)...it is the most amazing thing to watch and to see his confidence grow with everything he does. He can say uh oh and thank you every once in awhile. He has a play telephone that he holds to his ear (actually the back of his head) and pretends to have a conversation. Another adorable trick now is that he will pretend to eat food out of his hand. He takes his little pincher fingers and pinches his hand and takes it to his mouth and will pretend chew while giggling...love it! I also have been teaching him to hold up his pointer finger for the number one sign. I want him to be able to do it confidently for his birthday and we are making progress!! The list of tricks goes on and on but these are a few of my favorites.
Now that I am back home I am starting to prepare for Gavins first birthday party that will be on February 8th. Beleive it or not we are doing the whole farm theme and found wonderful stuff from birthdayinabox.com to decorate. I still cant believe I am preparing for his first birthday and cant wait to go shopping for more stuff!! We are having a small get together at our house with family and close friends...nothing humongous and we cant wait!! My oh my how fast time goes!
Thats all for now!
Scott and Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love Comments!