Hello! I hope this post finds you doing well!! Gavin and I just got back from his 12 month appointment with Dr. Emery. It was a great appointment especially seeing some friends there, Jayme Buchanan with her new baby boy Luke(adorable!) as well as Carrie Gephart with her new baby girl Kendall (adorable!)!! They are all getting so big including Gavin! Its neat having so many friends with children around the same age as Gavin...it will be neat watching them all grow up together and eventually all attending the same school...wonder who will and who will not be the trouble makers (if Gavins anything like his dad it will be him). Now on to Gavins measurements...I was very pleased to see that he finally gained some weight. From his 6 month appt. to his 9 month appt. he did not gain any weight so I was a little nervous about that. He definitely gained weight and almost weighs in at 24 lbs...23lbs 15.4oz to be exact. He is still growing length wise like a weed...at 9 months he was 31 inches on the dot and today he was almost 33 inches...32 3/4 inches to be exact! We are still so thankful we have a healthy baby boy who continues to learn and do things past his age! Dr. Emery said he is more like a 15 month old at this point.
Here are a few new things Gavin is doing: he says num num when he is hungry, he can hold up his pointer finger when you ask him how old he is, he doesnt crawl at all anymore, he is learning how to eat with a spoon...this is a major work in progress, when you tell him 'no' or to 'stop' 99 percent of the time he will listen and walk the other way, he knows the sign for please, he says hello but it sounds more like yeyo, he plays peek-a-boo with his hands, for the word daddy it used to be dada and that has now changed to da de, he no longer says mama when referring to me...it is more like mam and the list goes on and on!
Some new news on our cows. Our youngest Angus cow had a heifer calf late Sunday night. We had no idea until the dogs would not stop barking. I went outside to see what the deal was (sometimes coyotes are around) and could hear a faint moo. This is very unusual for our cows to moo especially at night. I went out on the deck and could see two of our cows next to each other with something in between them...I knew it had to be a calf. I woke Scott up and around midnight we went out to the pasture and sure enough we had a calf. We were a little concerned because our oldest cow out there (Alice, she is pregnant too) was interfering with the cow and calf and was trying to be its mom...this could potentially be a problem because we did not know if the calf had eaten yet. We decided to wait until the morning to figure this issue out and also hope that maybe they would figure it out on their own. Sure enough that next morning Alice was still trying to be its mom so we knew we had to separate them. With lots of work we finally got the calf and her mommy into a separate area where Alice would not interfere and we could finally let nature take its course. Alice now thinks she has lost her calf and continues to go to the back corner of the pasture where we took the calf from them...she just stands there and moos and moos and moos. We are hoping she has her own calf here soon so she can settle down and take care of a calf that is actually hers!
Thanks for stopping by...I hope to get more pictures from Gavins birthday up here soon...there are some really good ones of him opening presents that I do not have yet so come back and check!!!
The Ransom Family
No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love Comments!