Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tornado Watches, Wind and Rain...Oh My!

Okay, the time of year that I LOVE and DISLIKE at the same time is upon us. I absolutely love Spring and Summer because the country is absolutely gorgeous. The crops are in the ground starting to really grow, flowers bloom, yards need to be mowed, grilling out is a daily occurrence, planting our garden is in full swing and its just nice to finally get out of the house! There is nothing like it in the world and I always find myself counting down the days! With all this in mind, there is a huge issue with all this (in my mind, because I am a wuss). Although I LOVE storms, I highly dislike living in a place where we hear no tornado sirens and have no place (basement) to go if we find ourselves in a tornado. Well, I take a little of that back, we do have a place to go. The church down the road has a basement and for the first time last year we had to use it. It was the middle of the night and I just randomly decided to check the radar. Thank goodness we had signal because weather.com was stating a Tornado Warning and to seek shelter immediately...you are in harms way!! Holy Moly, I about puked because I was so scared, plus we had Gavin who was only 4 months old. We grabbed Gavin (it was around 1am), ran to Scotts truck in the pouring ran, drove like mad people to the church and ran to the basement (it was like a movie). Thank goodness nothing happen, but still, the thought of something possibly happening leaves me extremely uneasy. Anyways, the whole point of this post is that we are under our first Tornado Watch of the year. Gavin is at my parents, so now we just have to keep an eye on things until this front passes. This post may not make sense to you, but picture yourself living IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, (kinda like the twister movie) you lose signal to your television and computer in extreme storms (cant check to see whats going on most of the time)and the nearest tornado siren is 10 plus miles away. Picture this when its 2am, pitch black outside and the only way you can tell if something is happening, is when it lightening's...creepy!! So, if your reading this and you have a basement or live in town...be so thankful and think of us during bad storms ;)

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!