Gavin watching the cows in the milking parlor.
What is amazing is that these cows know exactly what to do...they get on the carousel...go around once and know exactly when to back out of the carousel after one round...a really neat thing to witness and makes you realize how huge of a process it is to get a glass of milk on the table.
We had a pretty busy weekend that has led me to realize how draining it is when you have to haul two young kiddos around...Georgia is already filling out her carrier pretty well which makes coming and going out of our car a pain and quite the workout.
Nothing was going on Saturday so we headed to Fair Oaks dairy...Gavin had a blast and loved looking at all the cows! My favorite part was the milking parlor and I had a brief moment where I felt like I should have been on the carousel with all those cows...Scott repeatedly enjoyed comparing me to the dairy cows and I slowly became envious of those girls just standing there while their milk was being pumped...as if nothing was going on. Anyways, after the parlor and barn tour, we headed to the birthing barn with perfect timing...as soon as we reached the doors a cow was just about ready to deliver her calf...we had our niece with us who really enjoyed that part...Gavin is obviously too young to know what was happening and seeing a baby calf being born was nothing new to Scott and I guess to me as well...it brought back memories from last year when I helped one of our cows deliver her bull calf...which was totally amazing. We headed to the cafe for some much needed Fair Oaks ice cream after the barn tour and birthing center...of course we did not leave without purchasing some CHEESE!!!!
We got up early today and went to church and had lunch afterwards with the Ransom clan...while eating, my mother in law offered to give us a "private" tour of the new hospital since it was right around the corner...we started off the tour in the women's center (where we hope we get the opportunity to birth our third babe when the time comes)...it is a beautiful unit and a MAJOR upgrade from the "old" hospital...the other neat thing is that the Labor and Delivery rooms are your postpartum room as well...so there is not packing up and being hauled off to a new room to get reacquainted with...we also got to browse through the NICU which is even more amazing! Instead of one large room with all the individual baby incubators...each baby gets their own room and if you have twins...a door opens to join the rooms together...although it is beautiful...it still made me sad to know that no matter how cutting edge a Neonatal intensive care unit can be...some babies will never make it past the entrance doors. Anyways, it was really cool because we got to go behind the scenes to all the rooms that the public never really gets a chance to see...everything is beautifully decorated and I love the color schemes throughout the whole hospital. I really look forward to delivering there some day! All in all, the most amazing advancement was the NICU...I have never seen anything like it! It was also cool being the only people there...that is something most people never get a chance to experience!
And congrats to the Carmel High Scool Swim team...we captured our 24th consecutive state title this weekend!!! Iam proud to have been part of such an amazing dynasty!!!
I loved this post, I even made the husband read it because the last three times we visited fair oaks he made breastfeeding/milking jokes to me. MEN! LOL.
ReplyDelete