Thursday, February 4, 2010

Not fun, progress on the shed and Gavins 2nd birthday!

...I say not fun because Georgia has her first cold...I dont freak out about illnesses, but I will tell you that it is miserable at night with a baby that can not breathe through her nose! I thought we were going to get lucky this winter with no colds...I think I jinxed myself because all four of us have a cold to some degree.

Gavins birthday will be celebrated on Sunday with a birthday bash and super bowl get together for those that want to stay. I still have a hard time going all out for his birthday because he still does not quite understand it all. I think I will put more into it when he is older and has actual friends from school we can invite...of course the parties will be out in our new shop...I cant believe he is going to be TWO!! I find myself wanting him to stay little forever...although I think he will be a mommas boy for the rest of his life...which I love the idea of! I cant wait to see his tractor cake and I am even more excited to see his face when he sees it! Gavins LOVES tractors and anything else that has to do with daddy, pappa and farming.

I am going to head out to the shed sometime and take some updated photos. The overhead door company is finishing up the overhead doors as I type. The guys working on the shed have started the foam insulation and started putting up the duraplate walls in some spots. I guess we are having a speaker system in there as well so Scott just ordered the equipment to hang them. All the lights are currently working and the boiler for the heating element has been delivered. The walls have been put up for the full bathroom but nothing else can really progress on that part until a trench is made to hook up to our well...a septic area needs to be created as well...I think. It is funny because Iam beginning to wonder if I will ever see my husband when this thing is complete! He claims we will be hanging out there as a family, especially in the winter time when the kids cant play outside...which I agree and look forward to. I am really looking forward to Spring in our home because I wont be pregnant this year...which means lots of landscaping work for me! Our house needs A LOT of work and the shed will need some nice stuff as well...so bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!