I am going to talk about a positive...anyways, when Georgia was first born...we had a bundle of mail in our mailbox with a sticky note that said Congratulations on your new baby girl...this was clearly from the post office people and I saw it as a very sweet and nice gesture...well, the weeks proceeding we had several packages delivered via USPS...and the niceness from our mail woman continued...(and this is one of the many reasons why I love where I live)...instead of ringing the doorbell and potentially waking up our sleeping babe...she VERY LIGHTLY knocked on the door and whispered to me after I opened it and proceeded to apologize if she woke up our new little bundle...now, come on, if you live in suburbia or the city...do you get treated this way?! I highly doubt it...unless you are one of the few postal customers that have a relationship with your mail person...which we do not and most people dont...anyways, the lady just knew about us and proceeded with the upmost respect...which I LOVED and wanted to give her a huge hug for caring about our new family in that way...it is the small things like that, that make me realize how different my new lifestyle is...and I wouldn't change it for a million dollars!
Friday, March 5, 2010
A few reason why I love the country that I have forgotten to blog about...
As I was driving back home from meeting the hubs for some yummy lunch with our two kiddos in tow...I started to ponder about the past three months as our new family of four...I realized I had forgotten about something I wanted to blog about...and that was what it can be like to live in a rural area where everyone knows everyone's business...which has its positives and negatives...
I am going to talk about a positive...anyways, when Georgia was first born...we had a bundle of mail in our mailbox with a sticky note that said Congratulations on your new baby girl...this was clearly from the post office people and I saw it as a very sweet and nice gesture...well, the weeks proceeding we had several packages delivered via USPS...and the niceness from our mail woman continued...(and this is one of the many reasons why I love where I live)...instead of ringing the doorbell and potentially waking up our sleeping babe...she VERY LIGHTLY knocked on the door and whispered to me after I opened it and proceeded to apologize if she woke up our new little bundle...now, come on, if you live in suburbia or the city...do you get treated this way?! I highly doubt it...unless you are one of the few postal customers that have a relationship with your mail person...which we do not and most people dont...anyways, the lady just knew about us and proceeded with the upmost respect...which I LOVED and wanted to give her a huge hug for caring about our new family in that way...it is the small things like that, that make me realize how different my new lifestyle is...and I wouldn't change it for a million dollars!
I am going to talk about a positive...anyways, when Georgia was first born...we had a bundle of mail in our mailbox with a sticky note that said Congratulations on your new baby girl...this was clearly from the post office people and I saw it as a very sweet and nice gesture...well, the weeks proceeding we had several packages delivered via USPS...and the niceness from our mail woman continued...(and this is one of the many reasons why I love where I live)...instead of ringing the doorbell and potentially waking up our sleeping babe...she VERY LIGHTLY knocked on the door and whispered to me after I opened it and proceeded to apologize if she woke up our new little bundle...now, come on, if you live in suburbia or the city...do you get treated this way?! I highly doubt it...unless you are one of the few postal customers that have a relationship with your mail person...which we do not and most people dont...anyways, the lady just knew about us and proceeded with the upmost respect...which I LOVED and wanted to give her a huge hug for caring about our new family in that way...it is the small things like that, that make me realize how different my new lifestyle is...and I wouldn't change it for a million dollars!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love Comments!