...this leads me to another thought...one thing I have learned from being a Farmers wife is to never expect your husband to be home around the same time everyday...or never expect the amount of time it will take to do something on the farm...to truly take that amount of time. It often takes longer...and something always goes wrong...or breaks...Now reading this...you may think this is an awful thing to say, but it is true...and not really a bad thing! During those first few serious years when I met Scott...I remember getting angry with him for never being home at the same time everyday, but once I started living the life a little more...and realizing everything there is to do...and everything that can go wrong...I soon began to realize that this is just the way it is in this field of work...there is literally ALWAYS something to do...and new challenges are always arising!
...now, growing up...our family schedule was pretty much always set in stone...my dad most often worked from home...and my moms schedule was our schedule...so when you grow up this certain way...it definitely takes some getting used to because this new life I lead is completely opposite...and I have had to literally reteach myself as to what my brain thought was a "normal" life...
...no offense...but I often think about people who live in town...in the cramped little subdivisions...with neighbors within 50 feet of your house...and I just cant see myself EVER going back to that...Granted, I did learn a lot and feel very privileged for the wonderful life my parents gave us, but I cant help but be a little bit envious of the kids that grew up the way Scott did...I am just so insanely excited that MY kids will have that life...they will learn so many different life lessons that will not even compare to what I learned as a kid growing up! The possibilities will be endless for our children...and we are thrilled! They will grow up around farming and doing chores around our property...they will grow up waking up early to feed cattle or help deliver a calf in the middle of the night or maintaining their horse...they will grow up on tractors and combines while learning the ropes from their daddy, they will grow up with 4-H projects while showing pigs and cattle, they will grow up traveling the U.S. while attending various cattle shows...it is just endless...and I am SO EXCITED!
...where did this post stem from? I think it was from our little adventure away from here...it was nice to actually have a few days where NOTHING work related came up to where we had to drop what we were doing and go fix something or take something somewhere...it was nice to just chill and do nothing work related as a family...it will definitely be a must for our family!
Amen to that! I knew better, but after teaching for so long and planning out weeks and months at a time, going back to this crazy schedule was an adjustment. One time I went out to take drinks, and made it home SIX hours later. ALWAYS USE THE RESTROOM BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE! That's one of my big rules! ;-) Love your new title picture; it's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOh! By the way, I go to Blog School next Tuesday. Can't wait to talk with you more about this new way of sharing once I learn a bit more about it!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lana! You will have to let me in on some stuff you learn at the blog class!
ReplyDelete