Monday, July 19, 2010

A little bit country...A little bit city...

I got a text from my mom on Friday...asking if they could have Gavin until today.  Of course, I hate not being around him...and always miss him to pieces, but I know it is always good for him to get away and experience different things that life has to offer...because my parents live the "city" life.  It is very nice to know that Gavin will always get to experience both sides of the track...he will experience everything the country/farming/livestock life has to offer...and then he will be able to go off for longer periods of time when he is older and stay with my parents and experience the "other" side...he will get a glimpse as to of what it would be like living in a neighborhood, with kids all over the place...and a grocery store right around the corner ;)  It may sound like something silly...but it is something I never got to experience (Iam talking the both sides of the track thing)...So, Iam hoping this will all help him become an even more well rounded individual...

...For myself and siblings...the only time we were EVER in the country...was when we would take the occasional back country road on the way to my Grandma's house in Cleveland...and I remember HATING it...and being angry when my dad would pull off the highway to take these "shortcuts"...because it was slow...and my dad always ended up passing atleast 10 cars on the two lanes roads and also an occasional Amish horse and buggy...Now that I am older...I think I kinda know why he would take those so called "shortcuts."





It sometimes blows my mind that that back country road way of life...is MY life...never thought in a million years I would be married to a handsome young farmer...living off a back country (gravel) road...And did I mention that I had never been on a gravel road until I met my husband?!

On a different note...the county fair is this coming week...and I can not wait!  There is just something about the fair that I love...no matter how big or small it is...And I also look forward to my nephew showing his pigs...we think he has some good stuff this year!  But it wont be the same...because Scott's parents left for Europe today...we will miss them at the fair, but wish them save travels!

1 comment:

  1. Hope we see you there! Steve and I will probably be in our Fair Board shirts running around like the proverbial headless chickens. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!