super excited to finally have a place of our own and to not have to rely on other people as much...although we are extremely grateful to all that have helped us out over the past few years!!
We also added another lady to our herd...a purebred black Simmental...The only downer about her is that she is due to calve early April...we like to see our calves hit the ground a lot earlier...but we are still excited because we really like her...and we feel she is a pretty promising cow for us!
I apologize if this doesn't make much sense to some of you...I know that a lot of my readers are not familiar with "show" cattle...I would love to explain how it all works someday...especially with this barn going up! Until then...I will keep my explanations to a somewhat understandable manner...I hope!
:-) You are doing fine. A little info left out might provoke questions, and that is always a good thing!
ReplyDeleteDid you get an invite to the Benton County Farm Bureau Board Holiday dinner/meeting? Let me know!