Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One of our Favorites...

...is Jason Aldean.  And this song has become one of me and my husbands favorites.  Especially my husband...He cant help but reminisce those good ol days with his boys...and one thing Jason Aldean is really, really good at is singing about the country life.  So Anyways!  We hope to be able to see him in concert...even if we have to travel!



On a sad note...I just watched my husband drive away in the Ford dually with the livestock trailer in tow...with two of our oldest cows...the ones that have been with us from day 1 :(  He is headed to the local sale barn...which is always a kind of sad day on the farm.



3 comments:

  1. Awww I hate those days - this summer we had to sell Emi Lou's first cow - she got pneumonia and lost her calf and just wasn't gonna get any better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is the difference in having a bigger herd; we don't get too attached, but I bet once spring rolls around, our youngest is going to ask where Daisy is. She was a blond heifer, and Hannah always liked to watch her. Maybe she will see other one to watch this spring. Time to have the talk about where cows go again. We have had it in varying degrees, with a bit more information sinking in each time. And Grandpa wants to put a rabbit hutch in the old milk parlor! Not sure I am ready for what the girls will call Bunnies. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea...we don't just feed ours out and get rid of them...our cows stick around for a long time...that's the way it goes with show cattle....we just get rid of the bulls! Our goal with cattle is completely different from yours, Lana. They aren't even really comparable.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!