Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Weighing in on my weight loss

I posted awhile back about my journey through losing weight.  It has been a very mentally challenging task...but Iam proud to say that I have almost lost 30 pounds!  28 to be exact!  I have not felt this physically good in a really, really long time.

When we started having kids...I was at a weight I was just okay with...and sometimes wish I could go back and get to a weight I would be really happy with...because I most likely would not be in the position Iam in right now.  It also didnt help that we got pregnant with Georgia when Gavin was a year old...so I was even farther down the road than I wanted to be in terms of my weight.

So here Iam...down to 188 after starting this whole process at 216 did I just really type that for you to see?! (216 is the heaviest I have ever been...even though I always get comments on how I didnt look like I weighed that much...trust me!  I did!) about 5 months ago.   At 216 I was in a size 14, sometimes 16.  Iam now down to a 10 to 12 depending on the brand.

My goal weight is 150...although that might change because I think that might be a difficult weight to maintain.  Iam not meant to be tiny and petite and I think losing another 28 pounds might not be healthy for me...We will see how my body reacts as I creep further and further down the scale...Iam trying to figure out what my natural weight balance is during this whole process...meaning, Iam trying to find the right weight that I can maintain in a healthy way...we will see!

Words cant even begin to explain how good I feel...This is the most success I have ever had in terms of weight loss...and damn does it feel good!  Even though I have a ways to go...my confidence is way up and I find myself enjoying shopping again!  I even halfway dont mind the way I look in a bathing suit...SERIOUSLY?!

Here is a little chart I found that I have been using as a guideline...I think Iam in the medium to large frame with a height of 5'9".        






eight
Small Frame
Medium Frame
Large Frame
4'10"
102-111
109-121
118-131
4'11"
103-113
111-123
120-134
5'0"
104-115
113-126
122-137
5'1"
106-118
115-129
125-140
5'2"
108-121
118-132
128-143
5'3"
111-124
121-135
131-147
5'4"
114-127
124-138
134-151
5'5"
117-130
127-141
137-155
5'6"
120-133
130-144
140-159
5'7"
123-136
133-147
143-163
5'8"
126-139
136-150
146-167
5'9"
129-142
139-153
149-170
5'10"
132-145
142-156
152-173
5'11"
135-148
145-159
155-176
6'0"
138-151
148-162
158-179



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is amazing progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic! Thank you for sharing....I am in the same process, and your post has given me hope... Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!