Monday, February 23, 2009

Gavin The Comedian!


Okay, so I am always trying to teach Gavin new things and the list is fairly long when it comes to his 'tricks'. Probably a month ago I started teaching him to point to certain parts of his face. I started off teaching him to touch his nose and he caught on within that day. When I ask him to touch his nose, he used to just touch the tip of his nose, but now when you ask him to touch his nose, he sticks his finger up it and wont budge for like 5 minutes. So now when you ask him to touch his nose it looks like he is picking it. I try not to laugh too much when he does it but sometimes I just cant help myself! Gavin is definitely a little comedian who loves to make people laugh (he knows this I swear). As for teaching him to touch his eyes and mouth when asked is still kind of a work in progress. Every once in awhile he will touch his eye when you ask but for the most part its just his darn nose he LOVES to touch...I mean pick! Gotta love him...so I posted a pic of what he does when asked to touch his nose! As for new tricks, he signs 'more please' when we eat. I am trying to let him know that I am not just gonna do everything for him and that he needs to start letting me know when he wants something or more of something...it is actually working really well and he will do it without me asking if he wants more now. Although he is only 12 months old to me discipline is VERY important and I always make sure to set his boundaries and reinforce that he does not rule the house or Scott and I...so to me that is his biggest trick...being able to take direction and know when it is or is not okay to do something. This is why he is so amazing to me, if you were to tell me 12 months ago that I would been able to tell Gavin to STOP in regards to anything and actually have him LISTEN, I would have laughed in your face!!! We are truly blessed to have such an amazing little guy who brings so much joy and pleasure to our lives! I hope this photo makes you laugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!