
We had another busy weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. It started Friday when I took Gavin to his first playgroup in West Lafayette. It went super well and he was the youngest "walking" baby there. Most of the other kids were two or pushing two. It was neat to see Gavin up against two year olds because he is just as big as them and walks just as well as them, it is so awesome! Some of the moms seemed a little surprised as to how big and mobile he is for his age.
After the playgroup we headed to my brothers house and dropped Gavin off with my parents. They wanted him for the weekend and I of course said yes even though we miss his presence 10 times over, especially Scott. My parents always seem to have a new sense of freedom when my grandmother is not at the house, bless her heart.
Friday night was pretty low key...my brothers band had a performance that night, so we went to support him. Saturday was our nephews first practice baseball game of the season. The weather was beautiful for a game and it was nice getting out of the house and sitting outside, soaking up the rays.
After the baseball game we headed to the new house and did a lot of much needed yard work. I mowed for the first time over there and it did not take as long as we thought it would. It is definitely more mowing compared to where we currently live, Scott is so glad that I love to mow...we will see how that turns out when I am 6 months pregnant in August!
While I mowed, Scott trimmed up the bushes in the back and collected all the fallen limbs from storms/wind. I helped him out once I finished with mowing, and we sure did clean up a lot. All and all it was a very draining evening, but I loved every minute of it. Scott and I work really well together, so it was nice to spend that time together. We still have a tree in our backyard that Scotts mom and dad purchased for Scotts birthday one year, it is a beautiful Autumn blaze, and we definitely want to transplant it at the new house. We got that tree just before Gavin was born, we definitely want to see it grow over the years!
Saturday night we hung out with some friends and went out for a late dinner and enjoyed catching up and sharing stories. It is so funny to me how I can not make it to midnight anymore. I know most of it is because of my pregnancy, but sheesh, I was ready to hit the hay at 9pm, but knew I did not want to sit around the house all eveing.
Sunday we did more yard work at the new house and headed to Menard's to purchase some plants for the front. We got 4 beautiful Hostas and 3 shrubs. The front of the house does not get much sunlight, so our options are pretty limited in terms of landscaping. Later that day, my parents brought Gavin out to us at the new house (they are crazy for wanting to drive so much!). They had a ball with him this past weekend and he sure did get out a lot. They took him to parks, the mall, played outside and took him out to eat several times over. They even purchased him this adorable Pottery Barn Kids, Adirondack outdoor chair, it is so cute!! They loved having him and again, they can not believe how smart and easy going he is, they want to keep him until he is 15. This is such a relief for me, because I do not feel so bad when they take him for several days. If he were more of a handful I do not think I would let them watch him for that long, I would feel too bad! It was great finally seeing Gavins beautiful face again...we sure did miss him! Since we were at the new house he had a ball running around, he loves hanging out at the new house just as much as we do. He has also turned into quite the boy, and loves anything that looks like it makes noise or moves. If he spots the gator, tractor or backhoe he immediately runs to it and wants up so that he can sit on it and pull all the levers and pretend to drive. He would sit on those toys all day if we let him, I love it!!
I hope you all had a great weekend, we sure did!! Take Care!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I Love Comments!