Friday, May 1, 2009

Week 12

7 week baby bloat

12 week baby bump





How our baby's growing:
The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

It feels great to be on the verge of the 2nd trimester. My worries of a miscarriage are pretty much gone and I feel like time is flying by already. I cant believe our baby is the size of a lime and I definitely feel the beginnings of a bump, especially when I am laying down. I puked for the first time earlier this week, Scott and I were out taking an evening drive and I wanted to have my first vanilla milkshake of the season. Definitely a bad decision, as soon as we got home and I walked into the house my mouth started watering and I knew that I was not going to be able to hold this one back. I find it to be a lot easier puking outside, because when you bend over a toilet everything just seems to hurt more. My pregnancy with Gavin I only puked once as well...I ate too much Taco Bell that time around. I still feel like one of the lucky ones in terms of sickness. My worst moments seem to be in the evenings, and that is when nausea really kicks in, but that is really all I am experiencing. My mom showed my ultrasound photos to the u/s tech where she works to see if she could see anything in terms of gender...she of course could not tell. In some cases you can find out the gender as early as 13 weeks. At this point both male and female parts stick out, it is the angle of the part that can determine if the baby is male or female. Male parts stick up and female parts tend to stick more downward. I do not have a gut feeling either way...with Gavin I had an unbelievably real dream that told me I was having a boy. Ever since that dream I fully believed in my gut that we were having a boy, along comes our 20 week ultrasound and my gut proved me right. I am still waiting for that dream this time around...wink...wink...

Today, I am taking Gavin to a playgroup I found through GLAMs (greater Lafayette area moms). I hope it goes well and I am looking forward to meeting new moms and have Gavin meet other children his age. After that, we are meeting my parents in Lafayette, they will already be there visiting my brother, they will be taking Gavin back home with them until Saturday or Sunday. Tonight, my brothers band is playing at Hunters Pub South, we are looking forward to watching him perform and also look forward to just having a free night. I hope you have a great weekend and I think I will post a bump picture later...take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!