Thursday, November 5, 2009

39 Weeks

GRRR, another false alarm last night, but this one really really felt like the real deal. I will try and keep this PG as to not gross anyone out...so after my appointment on Tuesday I noticed I had a little bit of a bloody show that evening...ended up having some minor contractions and lower back pain, nothing was timeable.

Yesterday, my mom came to visit because I have been getting pretty frustrated and bored with all the falseness...we went to the mall and walked around for two hours, the walking left me in lots of pain but nothing new to me. I came home and noticed another little bit of a bloody show...got up and started feeling contractions again...this time they were pretty intense and my back hurt pretty badly...I decided I needed to get our bags packed, just in case, and left Scott downstairs to take care of Gavin. I took a shower and started getting bags together and came back downstairs...when I came back downstairs, I had noticed that the pain had subsided quite a bit...not a big deal, really. So we headed to bed and I woke up to terrible terrible lower back cramps and contractions at about 11:30. I sat there for a little bit to see if changing positions would make them go away, it did not work. I then headed downstairs to start timing them...I timed them for about an hour and noticed a slight pattern...they were about 5 minutes apart and lasting about 30-40 seconds. Most of the pain was in my lower back again, although, my lower abdomen was hurting pretty bad as well. I decided to go back upstairs and talk to Scott about whether or not I should call the doctor...we ended up calling and got the answer that we knew we would get...either come in, get checked and possibly/most likely get sent home or wait it out for another hour or so and see if the contractions intensify even more...at this point I could talk through them so I knew I still had a ways to go before they were unbearable...we decided to wait...I tried to go back to sleep and eventually did...so the contractions slowed down and became less intense...all in all, this little teaser lasted 2 hours and we really thought this was it...so I am hoping maybe something starts back up today...I am still a little bit crampy in my lower back this morning, but am not experiencing contractions...so BOO, again. I really thought something was going to happen!! Just goes to show how confusing TRUE labor can be...no baby for now.

I also want to give a shout out to my parents who are celebrating their 33rd wedding anniversary today!! Wouldnt that be an awesome gift...a new grand daughter?!?! Anyways, I will update this blog if anything else happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!