Friday, December 11, 2009
It is crazy...
...to think about how much planning goes into getting two kids out the door and on the road! I had our holiday cards done yesterday and had to make a "quick" run to pick them up. It is funny how "quick" runs are no longer possible...as both kids were napping, I was devising a plan as to how to get the kids up and ready in the most efficient and melt down free way possible. It is crazy how I actually have to take time and THINK about it. So I waited for Gavin to get up first because I knew Georgia would just sleep and sleep until I physically woke her up. Once Gavin was awake, I lugged his 33+ pound body down the stairs, changed his clothes and diaper...in the mean time, Georgia surprisingly woke up and started fussing and crying upstairs. I thought to myself, oh great...her crying makes things more difficult! So I gave Gavin his snack and told him to sit on the couch while I ran upstairs, brought Georgia downstairs, held her while shes crying her eyes out and Im trying to make her her bottle, fed her while holding the bottle with my chin so that I can get the diaper bag together which consists of tons of diapers, formula (just in case), wipes, extra clothes, etc...(I pack so much because I have learned that you never know what venturing out will bring...I always pack like we are going to be gone the rest of the day). So I then burp and change Georgia while Gavin is getting upset because he cant find his jacket or shoes, lay Georgia in her pak n play while crying hysterically so I can get Gavins shoes and jacket (they were in the closet), I then have to chase Gavin so that I can actually put his shoes and jacket on all while Georgia is going bat s*&? crazy in her pak n play, finally get Gavin situated, I run out and start the car and put the diaper bag in there as well(I dont want to forget it!), pick Georgia up and try and calm her down before I put her in her car seat, finally get her settled down...put her in her seat, pick Gavins heavy butt up and take him out to the car, come back in, get myself situated and double check that I have my cellphone and all the lights are off inside, finally get Georgia out to the car and we are FINALLY off...and it literally takes 45 minutes...I tell ya...my brain is FRIED by the time I pull out of the driveway and not to mention my back is in severe pain from lugging everyone around! Iam really not complaining...I actually enjoy the craziness and thank goodness we dont have to leave the house that often!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i loved this post. only another mom could possibly understand it. lol. Josh and I just had a discussion today at lunch time about going to the grocery store and why I need him to go with me. I was like, hello, it's 20 some degrees outside and I have to lug two small kids into the store with me and it's a lot of work to do it all so guess what big guy, you get to go along!
ReplyDelete