Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What makes our relationship work...

...is finding little ways to spend time together by ourselves...and not just by plopping ourselves on the couch and watching TV after the kids have gone to bed....for us, this usually means bringing out our creative side...and as you may know...having two kids makes this a little difficult at times...

This is how we make it work...

if we feel like we need some good adult conversation...we will pack the kids up in the murano and cruise through the country while indulging in deep conversation about our day and lives as we enjoy the country scenery...or like tonight...we take our long distance monitor out to the shed and hang out together...doing random things that need to be done...

We are never too afraid to leave our house and find ways to reconnect from the days activities and this is probably one of the biggest reasons why we have such a great relationship. We know how to be creative in the hanging out and reconnecting department...even though it sometimes involves bringing the kids along. Although going out to dinner on a Saturday night is awesome...we know that with a 3 month old...this is hard to come by...so we are always trying to make up for those wishful date nights...I have heard way too many stories about women going to bed early and somewhat ingnoring their husbands for the remainder of the evening...all I have to say is that having young children can be somewhat stressful...and the last thing you want to do is distance yourself (either cosciously or subconsciously)from your husband...and this is how we make our relationship work.

Random post...I know...but I just wanted to write about it because this is what I love about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!