Thursday, August 26, 2010

What do we do now?

This gem will head to the field as well...it is a grain wagon that is hauled behind a tractor...it is used to off load corn off the combine on the go...I will blog by video about how the whole harvesting process works...which this will make more sense then...


Bean head (to harvest soybeans)...
Corn head (to harvest corn)...
Combine...the two items you see above attach to the front of this creature...
...with Harvest just a few short weeks away?  Well, give the ol' combine a checkup and replace warn and/or broken parts.

A service man came out a few weeks ago and performed the equivalent of a physical...he ran through just about every working part of that machine...and handed a list to the husband and father in law about what the condition is of certain parts...and how urgently they need attended to...as of now...the husband and father in law (mainly the father in law) have been replacing parts on the stuff you see above...have I mentioned how anxious we are for fall harvest (insert chuckle here...because I feel like thats all I blog about).


6 comments:

  1. We are doing the same thing here. Steve had the combine out to "open the fields" for silage. Yee Haw! Now I a learning all about the Apex computer program. We could probably put together dueling blogs on that one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a new follower from Social Parade! I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog, our goal is to eventually have our own little farm so your blog is right up my alley! :)

    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from Social Parade!

    http://cheeriosandtricycles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog on the hop I am your newest follower kittycrochettwo.blogspot.com Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Hello, visting you from Follow Friday.
    I think this is a marvelous way to meet bloggers both old and new.
    I'm #103, http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/. Just stopped by to wish you a great weekend.
    This week my trip is brought to you by the number 3.

    Enjoyed your pics of both the farm and kids. We come from a small farming community and though we ourselves don't farm, we do lease our land to others in the community who do. When telling someone how to get to our house it's always "the driveway between to two big soybean, corn, or hayfield." This year the soybeans are over waist high (the best crop I've seen in 20 years. I'm always been fascinated by seeing how fast they can combine, plant and resow the field. We once grew mainly tobacco but now it's mostly food for cattle and pigs as it doesn't take as much manpower or time to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I am a new follower from the blog hop! Hope you can stop by and visit my blog, I have a lot of great giveaways going on right now.

    Have a great weekend!

    Kari
    http://shining2save.com

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!