Although the quality isnt perfect (I was coming out of the house when I witnessed this...and just threw my DSLR into auto mode so that I would not miss this shot)...this is probably the most symbolic photo I have ever taken of our family. Those of you who are reading this that come from a family farm can understand what I mean when I say that...
For us...our goal is to keep our acreage/farms around and pass them on to our children...If our children want to pursue farming...they will be the 8th generation of farmers in the Ransom family...which is a pretty unbelievable thing. So for me...this photo symbolizes that torch that my husband wants to pass on...and although Gavin is a mere 2 1/2...this is the age when the whole process of learning the farm starts. That is how my husband learned...and that is how our children will learn (if they have the interest)...Because someday...God willing...that will be Gavin or Georgia on the ground...holding his/her arms up to his/her son or daughter...

That is an awesome photo and your thoughts brought tears to my eyes because I so understand what you are saying.
ReplyDeleteDitto what Megan and Heather said! That had better find its way to your wall somewhere in your house!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand how special this moment is. What a wonderful shot!
ReplyDelete