A little back story...
My whole weight gain spun out of control when I became pregnant with Gavin...and a year after he was born...we decided to try for a second. We tried for a second without me ever trying to lose the weight I had gained with Gavin...so there I was...pregnant with number two and at a weight that disgusted me. I always found myself thinking that it was okay because HECK I was growing human beings in my belly! But the truth is...I would go back in time in a heart beat and lose all that weight before trying for a second. So where does this leave me today? It leaves me trying my hardest to get back to an acceptable weight before we even begin thinking about trying for a third...So here Iam...with atleast 25 more to go...
Getting back to the real point of this post...
So, within the past 2 1/2 months...I have learned a lot about this whole process and what it takes to lose weight...for me atleast...and I wanted to share it incase anyone out there crosses this blog that is in similar shoes...
I have learned that you have to be 100% committed to losing weight...In my eyes...there are no vacations from dieting (aka taking the weekend off...it just makes it that much harder to stay on track). It is all or nothing. And what I have found that works for me is to straight up not be lazy! Instead of kindly asking my husband to get me something since he is already up...I try to do it myself. I walk/run 1 to 2 miles almost every day...I do not drink diet coke regularly anymore (I may squeeze one in every so often)...Water is definitely my drink of choice. I no longer eat pasta or white bread...and Iam always trying to find little ways to burn a few extra calories...whether it be taking more trips to bring the laundry upstairs, walking to our mailbox or running to our garbage bin with our heavy garbage bags in tow (funny to picture, no?) But the bottom line is that you have to mentally be ready...I know this because I had tried many times before...with little or no success...But this time is so different...because Iam 100% committed...whereas other times...I was probably 50%. Oh! I almost forgot one last important thing that has helped...do not eat your children's leftovers!! No matter how hard it is to throw away those last few bites...dont do it (I was a victim of this almost every meal)!!!
I wanted to share this because Iam finally starting to feel better, physically. I also know that this is a subject a lot of women have in common...especially those that are in their baby making prime. It is definitely hard...but who ever said the good things in life are easy to get? I find myself with SO much more energy and definitely a way more positive outlook than ever before! **rant over**

That is wonderful, Lauren! Keep it up! :)
ReplyDeleteLauren, I almost forgot about your blog! I love having a sneak peak into your life, I don't get to talk to you as often anymore and I love hearing your thoughts and feelings about things.
ReplyDeleteOh ps, I saw you for the first time in a few months and you look AWESOME! Keep up the good work m'lady! It makes me happy to know you're feeling as good as you're looking.
LOVE YOU
I'm visiting from Boost my Blog. Look on your followers and you will see my husband's draft horse team. I love them! I always enjoy visiting other farm wives' blogs.Please drop by and say hello when you get a chance. Your photos are awesome. They are one of the first things I noticed about your blog!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work dieting-I have to go there and I'm just not in the mood, but I need to bear down and "just do it."
Have super weekend!
Patrice
www.everydayruralty.com
Hi there! I'm here from boost your blog Friday. I found your posts so nice to read. It is very interesting to hear about running a farm and a family.
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday!
Joanne