Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Phase 1

Like I said before...the amish men fenced in close to 4 acres out of our 15...we fenced in the small pasture to the East of our house (and fenced along the road and lane of our much larger pasture that will be completed at a later date)...and if anyone has put up their own high tensile fence...you will understand how huge of a deal it is that they finished in under 7 hours...Now, if the husband and I were to have done this project...with our available post hole digger and time...it would have taken us several weeks!  

This brings us one step closer to having all our cattle on all our land...And thank goodness we have such amazing friends that have let us put our cows out on their pastures...We are very grateful for them and their kindness.  

The other phases will be completing the larger pasture and putting up our cattle barn...hopefully after next years harvest...

small pasture to the left...larger pasture to the right...

Doesnt get any straighter than that!

Our property is very neat in the fact that we live on a big hill...which means we have some amazing views...and heres one of a farmer down below...




And this is what I woke up to this morning...6 doe's grazing behind our house!


3 comments:

  1. Awesome, Lauren! And congrats on 100 followers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool! I have to ask, just how hard is the ground you are trying to dig post holes in? It has to be close to rock/brick status! Did you get any rain last yesterday? I think I heard a bit of thunder, but not drops to count! ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I helped stretch fence one time, we had these fence stretcher that you cranked up and down a lot of times until the fence got tight. But I didn't have to dig the post holes.
    the views around your place look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!