AV's (short for Auntie Valerie) passing was not a surprise...she was in declining health after breaking her femur bone about 2 months ago. She was 91, and although she wasnt technically our grandmother...she was in our hearts...and she knew that until the day she passed.
With her passing, it has made me realize that a special chapter in my life is coming to an end. The chapter of having your grandparents alive and well with you...And a new chapter is opening, the chapter for my children to start their memories with their grandparents. I know they will be just as lucky as I was growing up...because Iam already seeing the special relationships forming with my parents and my husbands parents. It makes me very happy that my children will grow up with the same exact love and affection I had growing up...it makes the ending to this cycle in my life a very happy one.
So this is where it leaves me...the chapter of my grandparents is coming to a close...and the cycle of life is opening a new one for my children. And although Iam sad to see mine end...Iam so excited for the future and the budding relationship between grandchild and grandparent...We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family on both sides...and the memories in the making just tickle me crazy!

On a lighter note...here are a few Spring pictures that make me really excited!


Great post and love the pictures esp. of the calf!
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks
Leontien
Grandparents are the best and most missed! I love your pictures too! Can you shoo the bad weather away by Sunday for us. I'm not sure I can get this warm sun to go back over the Smokies ;-( We'll try though.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great perspective on the cycle of life.
ReplyDelete