Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Not so wordless Wednesday

So we started harvesting our wheat today...and for those that are reading this that dont know a whole lot about raising different crops...straw is a by-product of wheat...which is what we want...And that is why we are square baling it after we cut it...And did I mention how nice it is to hear the combine running while Iam out doing yard work?  It kinda tricks my mind into thinking it is Fall!

So I took the kids to grab some lunch to-go for ourselves and their dad while he got everything ready to go...I decided to tell Gavin on our way home that he gets to go in the combine with his dad...but he had to eat his lunch first.  And in true Gavin form...he gets home and refuses to eat...in hopes he can go straight to the field with his dad...this boy will do whatever it takes to get out there sooner and quicker...he is too smart for his own good!  So Iam sure he is out there starving to death since he refused (kicking and screaming on the floor) to eat his lunch...The boy is just like his dad!  Enjoy the days photos!

Its good to be a country boy


Beautiful day in the country...

He had straw in his shoes

Waiting on dad

Here he comes!  This boy is so obsessed.

We always stress how equipment needs to be completely shut down before you can start running towards it like a kid on Christmas morning...

Checking it out with dad

Gettin the grain cart

Off to the field...I love my boys...

And for fun...a picture in all my pregnancy glory at 17 weeks.  The quality is so poor because I could care less to adjust my camera in hopes of getting a great shot...Iam really starting to feel like a whale.




2 comments:

  1. Oh whatever! You look great! I'm waiting for my face and arms and thighs to explode. . . which makes me wonder if I really want to be any further along. . . We're also re-doing our pastures, only with corn to try to offset our feed costs. This year is going much better than last year when we wound up with just silage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked adorable last night! I am still pocking up straw in my house from the hayride, but every little piece makes me smile because the kids had so much fun! Here to many more rides on bales of straw!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!