Friday, July 15, 2011

Crop dusting

I feel like I write a post about crop dusting every year...and its probably because Iam always in awe of the whole process.  I love whisking the kids outside so we can watch the duster over the fields surrounding our farm...they go crazy over it!  We will be dusting our crop with fungicide this year...it was a tough decision for my husband...but when it came down to it...he feels it is needed this year.

Its amazing how the pilot maneuvers the plane...back and forth, back and forth...and dusting within yards over the crop.  I know it sounds crazy...but it is really beautiful to watch...especially if you can get good angles and watch from behind as it sprays...I have some really great pictures...but cant seem to find them...so I will leave you with a favorite picture of mine from last Summer!
Gotta love summer in the country!  This was taken in our front yard.

And here is a video of me showing Gavin the crop duster...the quality is poor...but it gives you an idea as to how awesome it is!

I 

2 comments:

  1. A great reminder of the tools necessary to grow food to feed the world. Crop dusters are used here in California to spray rice seed into the fields in stead of tractors when the fields are too wet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to keep an eye to the south to see if I can spot your duster!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!