There is something exhilarating about being in the middle of nowhere when a winter storm hits. I love the crazy wind that produces INSANE snow drifts...even if a measly few inches fall...We love cruising through said snow drifts as well...Nothing compares to looking out at an open field...and watching the snow swirl like white tornadoes...I <3 it. And while "city" people have the pleasure of watching snow plow after snow plow...plow their roads...You look out our window and you wont find one all day...or even days...This is where our heavy duty diesel trucks come in handy...they handle the roads like nothing is going on!
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Why I love snow storms in the middle of nowhere...
Please excuse the church pew in the opening shot...we have been rearranging our furniture! Oh! And that obnoxious noise you hear are the 30 mph gusts of wind blowing through our front yard...
There is something exhilarating about being in the middle of nowhere when a winter storm hits. I love the crazy wind that produces INSANE snow drifts...even if a measly few inches fall...We love cruising through said snow drifts as well...Nothing compares to looking out at an open field...and watching the snow swirl like white tornadoes...I <3 it. And while "city" people have the pleasure of watching snow plow after snow plow...plow their roads...You look out our window and you wont find one all day...or even days...This is where our heavy duty diesel trucks come in handy...they handle the roads like nothing is going on!
There is something exhilarating about being in the middle of nowhere when a winter storm hits. I love the crazy wind that produces INSANE snow drifts...even if a measly few inches fall...We love cruising through said snow drifts as well...Nothing compares to looking out at an open field...and watching the snow swirl like white tornadoes...I <3 it. And while "city" people have the pleasure of watching snow plow after snow plow...plow their roads...You look out our window and you wont find one all day...or even days...This is where our heavy duty diesel trucks come in handy...they handle the roads like nothing is going on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's beautiful! I wish snow was a little more common where we live. We're lucky if it snows once a year.
ReplyDeleteGood to see you this weekend, even if it was just for a short while. Next year, you will have to plan to stay another night! When we got home, though, Steve had to deal with frozen feed conveyors! Oh the joy of escaping for just a few days in the wintry months! We made it home literally minutes before it all turned nasty! Whew!
ReplyDeleteso pretty! I remember living in the country and enjoying that sight! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI know that people think I'm crazy to say this, but I've always wanted to live somewhere that it snows consistently. I love all of the different seasons!
ReplyDelete